The 14th Conference of Parliamentarians of the Arctic Region was a digital conference on the 13th and 14th of April 2021. The conference was hosted by Stortinget, the Norwegian parliament, in cooperation with the Standing Committee (SCPAR).
The conference adopted a conference statement.
Climate change in the Arctic
- Renew and increase their 2015 Paris Agreement commitments
- Forge an ambitious climate action plan for the Arctic
- Strengthen the knowledge base and improve scientific cooperation with a new International Polar Year Initiative.
Sustainable Economic Development
- Increase the accessibility of digital infrastructure in the Arctic
- Strengthen the cooperation with the Arctic Economic Council and ensure the implementation of the Arctic Investment Protocol.
The Peoples of the Arctic
- Strengthen the cooperation on public health
- Incorporate voices of the youth and strenghten mobility programs such as “northtonorth”
- Strengthen the cooperation and dialogue on security issues and underscore the importance to maintain peace, stability and low tension in the Arctic region